In 2012 Croatian Government adopted the new Investment Promotion and Development of Investment Climate Act (the “Act”) (OG 111/2012, 28/2013). The incentive measures in the new Act are aimed at strengthening production activities and the use of new technologies, supporting research & development activities and stimulating employment.
The Act provides the following incentive measures:
- Tax incentives
- Customs incentives
- Employment incentives
- Incentives for education and training
- Incentives for the capital expenses of investment projects
- Incentives for labour intensive investment projects
Incentive measures can be used by enterprises registered in the Republic of Croatia investing in fixed assets in the minimum amount of:
- € 50,000 and 3 new jobs created for micro enterprises
- € 150,000 and 5 new jobs created for small, medium and large enterprises.